Reader’s theater is a great way to engage students in history lessons. Watch this class reading a civil war script with expression! In this video, the students use costumes and move around a “stage” area, which adds to the experience but is not required for a fun and effective reader’s theater activity.
This web site is facilitated by Reader's Theater Expert, Dianna Cleveland.
Sign up to receive updates on the latest grants available and reader’s theater tips and resources!
- Please Vote for Playbooks With Two Clicks So More Kids Can Win!
- Reader’s Theater Available in Braille for the Visually Impaired
- Summer Camp Webinar Earns Seal of Approval From the American Camp Association
- Preserve the Arts with “STEAM” After School
- Geoffrey Canada, International Speaker, Presents at The Children’s Trust Special Event
- After School Today
- Color-coded Text
- Expert, Dianna Cleveland
- Finding $ for RT
- Free Scripts/Stories
- General RT Info
- Reader's Theater Photos
- RT for After School Programs
- RT for Early Readers
- RT for Elementary
- RT for ESL
- RT for Families
- RT for Middle School
- RT for Special Education
- RT for Summer School
- RT Staff Development
- Share your success stories with reader's theater!
- Social Media
- Support from Sec. of Ed
- Video Message
- Videos About or of Reader's Theater
- What to look for in reader's theater that's going to work best for you and your students.